Constance asked us if we wanted to get the gestational diabetes test done and before even thinking, I said "no thanks," because the only reason why I would fall under the category to have it is that I'm over 25 years of age. Then Zachary (the logical one) asked if there was any reason why we should take the test. Constance told us that in the case of complications during pregnancy and if we had to go to a hospital, they are less likely to force you to have a c-section or epidural and let you try for a natural birth if you have had the test done. So I agreed to take the test. :)
Then the not so great news.......I have been having a few stressful weeks due to working too much and booking my nights full of extracurricular activities (bible study, young life, parties, nutrition work shops, etc).....bottom line, I can't say "NO." Then I end up having no time for myself or with my hubby and get anxiety. When I get stressed out, I can literally hear my heart beating out of my chest, so I warned Constance that my blood pressure might be up when she takes it. Boy was I RIGHT! She took my blood pressure and it literally had almost doubled! Agghh!!!! She pretty much gave me the look of death and started asking me tons of questions about how much I'm trying to do in my life. I almost just broke down in the room, because I was just so tired and was realizing that I NEED to slow my life down. She warned me that I could go into pre-term labor and start having contractions if I don't take it easy. If I did that to myself and Sophia, it would kill me!
I went home that night and just prayed that the Lord would show me how and where I need to slow down and cut some things out. This is very hard for me, because I have always been a go-getter and I like to stay busy. I am so strict with myself in almost every area of my life, but for some reason its hard for me to relax. This was really a wake up call because its nobodies fault except for mine!
The rest of the week could not have gone better. First of all, I was so stressed out on Monday, because I had such a long week with too many appointments....and I literally had some kind of activity/appointment EVERY night. God is SO GOOD, because literally half of my clients rescheduled their appointments this week.....now you need to know that that has never happened before. I may have one client reschedule once a week, but for half of them to reschedule, it was a miracle. I also decided to leave my bible study early and not even attend the other events I had planned the rest of the week. It turned out to be a very relaxing week with little to no stress at all :) I know that my blood pressure went back to normal. So from now on, Mama is taking it easy!
On a lighter note, I had a slumber party with my mom and sister on Sunday. It was so much fun! I just love them to death. In the morning after we ate breakfast, my sister looked and pointed at my chest and yelled, "oh my gosh!!!!" I looked down and there was a small wet spot where my right nipple was. Holy Crap, my boob leaked!!!! I screamed too and pulled my lovely old lady bra away, and sure enough there was a small wet spot coming from my nipple. I don't know why, but it really gave my the willies.....does this really start to happen this soon!??!!? We were laughing so hard that I had to take a picture on my phone and send it to Zach. Here's the picture and what I said....
"OMG, my nipple leaked!" Zach's response, "Gross."
My husband is not a man of few words, but in some cases......well...yep....he is. I told my midwife that I had my first "leakage" experience and she said that it is a good sign! Ya! Lot's of milk production hopefully! She also said its a sign that I'm going to be a "leaker," GREAT!....can't wait.
My mom and I also went shopping on Sunday and because she is already obsessed with Sophia she dragged me into the children section at Macy's....of course, I loved it. She bought Sophia a Halloween outfit, and two Christmas outfits, because they were super cheap.....so cute! She also bought her a costume for Halloween which is adorable, so we took a picture on my phone and once again, sent it to Zach......
I texted "Sophia's first Halloween costume." His response, "that's dorky." My mom and I couldn't stop laughing :)


No comments:
Post a Comment