Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 13, 2011

28 Weeks-In Neutral......

I love my little Sophia so much!  She is already teaching me so many important things, like how to slow down and remembering the important things in life.  Some of the minor details in my life that I would normally try to control are becoming less and less important.

I feel like I've been living my life on Turbo speed for such a long time and preparing to meet her in person puts everything into perspective.  I know its going to change Zach and I for the better.  I'm trying to take in every little moment during this pregnancy, because I'll never be able to get these moments back.

I've already shared that I'm a worrier and can get anxious thinking about what to do with my business and all the other crazy stuff going on in my life.  Things were really put into perspective the other day when I was "skyping" with one of my friends/mentors, Lere, who lives in South Carolina.  She is a beautiful soul, both inside and out and I was sharing with her my thoughts/struggles/worries/etc.  She told me, "Kristine, you have to remember that YOU are blessed to be having a child....so many women never get the chance to have children."  She reminded me that the Lord will take care of my business, take care of my clients and any other worries that I have, because being a mom and wife come first!  If I honor what God asks me to do, everything else will follow.  Geez, its so good to be reminded of TRUTH when I get side tracked.

It's so funny, because I remember feeling so HUGE about a month or 2 ago, and when I look back at those pics, I was so small compared to now :)  I could barely button my jeans and now I can't even fit the things on!  I'm sure I'm going to feel the same way 2 months from now....

Things to do:(according to the ultimate pregnancy to-do list)
  • Start interviewing Pediatricians (I already have a couple in mind)
  • Sign up for birthing class (Done....starts next Weekend!)
  • Do some financial planning (haha.....my financial planner husband had this figured out years ago)
  • Prepare your pets (not really sure how to do this....we may just wing it and bring home baby....not too worried about it.  Zues and GiGi like kiddos...but will they be the jealous type?)
  • Get your teeth cleaned (cleaning scheduled next month)
  • Create a baby register (done!)
  • Start doing kegal exercises (these annoy me, but I try)
  • Tackle home improvements (we have done and are still in the process)
  • Start eating healthy (is this a joke?!?!)-are they really just now telling peeps to START
  • Sneak in pregnancy power naps (been trying...)
  • Learn the symptoms of pre-term labor 
  • Learn about coping with labor pains (I think I'll just 'go for it')
  • Create a birth plan (do I really need this?)
New stuff happening over here.....my badonk and thighs keep growing!  I had to buy maternity jeans (1 size larger than my norm) and I ended up buying some capris too, because of my hot flashes :)  I figure I can just wear some cute wedges or flip flops with them....this may sound crazy in the dead of winter, but honestly, sometimes I sweat so badly at work my clients probably think I'm weird.  One day this week, I was sweating so badly that I had to take off my boots and socks, scarf and sweater....I was left wearing a tank top and leggings.  I apologized to my clients and thankfully I have wonderful and understanding clients who I don't think judged me  for looking so un-professional :)

"By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world."

 My first pair of maternity jeans...elastic waist and all....very comfy!  Belly button is getting tighter.

 Back side is getting wider too.  Zach says I have "more junk in the trunk," even though you can't really see here, because the picture is taken too high.

Our "weekend" breakfast.  This is power packed!  I top a corn tortilla with black beans and toast in the toaster oven.  Then I saute red potatoes with jalepenos, fresh cilantro, and ad whole eggs.  I put cumin, chili powder, Greek oregano, sea salt, pepper and garlic over the potatoes.This makes a yummy scramble.  Put the egg mixture over the tortilla and top with avocado, hot sauce, tomatoes and fresh cabbage!  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see that belly in person! So cute!!!

    So here are just a couple thoughts on your to do list :) We LOVE our Dakota's doctor at Oly Ped. Her name is Dr. Sipher and so far we have nothing to complain about. She is very open about vaccinations and lets you as the parents make that decision and doesn't push her views at all. She does inform you of the pros and cons too, so thats nice its just not the pros. She is also very supportive of breast feeding! Then for the introducing the dogs to Sophia what we did was had someone watch Stout for the first two days after Dakota was born and then he came home. He was totally fine with her and actually really protective of her from the get go!!
    For your birth plan the midwives told us it wasn't needed just as long as they know what you want :)
    I'm soooo excited for Sophia to get her! Dakota needs a little play mate! Which reminds me I have a bunch of clothes that Dakota has alread grown out of for you!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete