Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Casey Jay Heath


A horrific event happened less than a couple weeks ago.  My sisters precious boyfriend, Casey, was tragically murdered.  It was a senseless murder.....the wrong place at the wrong time, confronted by a "transient" bi-polar drug addict that was wacked out.  There have been many publishing's on his death.  Here is the latest on his funeral, where my sister spoke.  She was beautiful!

This has been a heart wrenching time for my family, especially my sweet sister.  My heart just breaks for her.  I have been numb throughout this whole process, not knowing how to feel, what to say or what to think.  The healing process for her and our family is going to be a long one.  The support from our family, friends and the community has been absolutely amazing and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!  It's times like these that you know who truly cares.

On a side note, it's crazy how a toddler can easily distract you and make you forget all the bad that is happening in the world because they need to play with you RIGHT now.

I have found my strength with my family and the Lord.  These are the words from a good friend, Rhyan Smith who lost his father in a tragic murder last year:


"Can there still be hope? Does God care? The incarnation is the biggest testimony that God cares in the midst of all tragedy and pain...if there really is a God, and the incarnation is true, then we can be assured that no matter the circumstance, we know God cares...the maker of the cosmos and creator of us all would not have come to earth in the form of an 8 pound 6 oz baby Jesus if he didn't care. When my dad was murdered just over a year ago, I was comforted by many things, but none more central than these two; the incarnation and passion of Jesus. Praying...Lord in your mercy, hear our prayers..."


"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain..." - Revelation 21:4

God Bless you Casey, Casey's family and my sister KT.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I had heard about his tragic death but had no idea of your connection. I am at a loss for words. But you are loved and God is near. Praying for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenny! My heart and stomach just aches over all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awful! I've been praying for Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I am so terribly sorry to hear this. Prayers to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete