Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 17, 2012

30 weeks! Let's do this!



How I'm Doing:

How far along?   Well into my last and final trimester!!!  With that comes being extremely uncomfortable, but also puts me that much closer to meeting little Khloe!
Total Weight Gain:  around 30 pounds :) and it shows everywhere, which is why some people say I look "small."  OK peeps, you don't tell a pregnant woman that she looks small, because that makes you feel like you are doing something wrong or that your baby is malnourished.  But people say the funniest things to you when you are pregnant! :) I must just carry the weight well, because hello 30 pounds is a lot!
Maternity Clothes:  Ohhh ya!  Even my yoga pants are uncomfortable now, because the waist puts pressure on my growing belly.  I will pretty much be wearing the same few articles of clothing from here on out.  Plus, I'm so uncomfortable, I'm so thankful I'm a stay-at-home mom and don't have to go out in public much.  And thank God I live in Olympia, where I won't get glared at if I walk into the grocery store wearing sweat pants and slippers.  I was lucky enough to borrow 2 beautiful maternity dresses for the Holidays from a friend :)
Baby Size:  2 1/2 pounds, grow baby grow!
Movement: TONS!  kicking, swimming, punching, you name it....she does it constantly
Sleep:  it is what it is.  tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable with the pillows behind my back and between my legs.  getting up to pee.  cuddling with Sophia.  It really is quit humorous:)
Symptoms:  OK, I'm going to try really hard to not write a novel here.  Seriously, this pregnancy is kicking my butt!  I have good days and bad days.  Good hours, bad hours.  Khloe, you are so worth feeling this way, but geez!!! not fun!  I think I have just gotten used to feeling like crap :)  I have never felt so clumsy, forgetful, and absent minded in my life.  I really cannot wait to feel like myself again.  I also had to get the Rhogam shot at my last midwife appointment because of my blood type just like last time.  I don't know if I had a reaction to the shot or if I got the stomach bug, but either way I puked my brains out for about 12 hours.  It was awful!  I wanted to die.  I was having such dramatic and awful thoughts while it was happening, I had this thought about me going into labor, because at first, I didn't know why I was so sick.  I thought to myself, "if I'm going into labor right now, just knock me out and wake me when I'm done."  I was up all night and couldn't stop projectile vomiting.  I lost 3 pounds. Well, good thing that past.  Besides that, I fell off the counter and cut my foot open.  Good times.
Reading:  Just started Gone Girl
Best moments of the week: I had such a precious moment yesterday.  Sophia was in her room napping and woke up startled and started yelling "mama" and crying.  I went upstairs to comfort her and started rocking her in the rocking chair.  She fell asleep on my shoulder :) --my favorite!!   It was a little uncomfortable, because she is getting heavy and was putting pressure on my belly.  I'm pretty sure Khloe could feel the pressure and started kicking and punching A LOT.  As Sophia soundly slept, Khloe  kept kicking like crazy!  I just started giggling and taking in this wonderful moment.  I also wondered "how did Sophia not wake up with all the movements?"  I love sleeping with my babies because I know it is such a short time in my life that it will happen.  Even though Khloe is still in my belly, I felt like I was resting with both of them :)  I love my babies!!!  Oh, and my 30 week blood work came back perfect.  I was almost hoping to hear that my iron was low or something so I could just pop a few more leaf greens pills.  That way, me being so tired would be justified.  But it didn't.  My midwife just said, "you are growing a human and have a very busy toddler."  I guess that is a good enough reason why I'm so tired. :)
Food Cravings:  granny smith apples, salads, green Christmas tree cookies (a Meyer family tradition). Food is not that enjoyable right now, because I can't eat a lot, and I am so sensitive, if I eat anything somewhat unhealthy, I pay for it with indigestion, heartburn and lots of burping.  Probiotics and digestive enzymes are my best friends right now.
What I am Looking forward to:  Celebrating Christmas with Sophia Lynn!  She loves all of the Christmas decorations, movies, listening to Christmas music and reading the story of baby Jesus.  She takes after her mamas heart.
Goal this week:  to start stretching and exercising more.....gotta get ready to give birth!



Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. 

In the world of Sophia Lynn...



 drinking her coconut water

 loves Kallie her Chiropractor!  Seriously, she loves going!  This is the only time she lays down and stays there. When Kallie is done, Sophia demands "more."

 nightly bath time

this is what I am talking about with the "layering." She is wearing her pajamas, followed with a swimsuit, sweater and hat.

helping daddy put together her new table to have tea parties on

she LOVES her new table and has a tea party with daddy every morning before he leaves and the second he walks thru the door after work :) melts my heart.

On another note, she has mastered the word "NO."  How and why she started saying NO to everything, I don't know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment