Besides hearing that precious heartbeat, we went over my bloodwork and talked the remaining 40 minutes. I have been having headaches and my neck has been going out on a bi-monthly basis, and after chatting for quite a bit about it, Constance told me I needed to get a more supportive bra. To make it even worse, she recommended a sports bra. EWW! Can I be any more unnatractive? Geez. Yumi just laughed at me. It reminded me of high school when my cheer coach would constantly tell me to double up, meaning wear 2 sports bras or else I wasn't aloud to cheer. I told Constance that my boobies are the smallest they have ever been and she just looked at me and said they are very well in doubt and could be the reason for my headaches.....so off I go to order some new SUPPORTIVE bras.
Constance also said I need to take more time for myself. With Sophia, I got a massage weekly, YES weekly. I had acupuncture on a regular basis, chiropractic care, walked at least a mile a day, etc. Anyone knows with a toddler, life changes. However, I am going to take her advice and start taking better care of myself so I can be a better mama! I scheduled my first massage appointment for this afternoon and am really going to try to go every other week. One thing I have been consistent with is my chiropractic care. I am such a huge believer in keeping the body aligned, so Sophia and I go in on a regular basis. I honestly don't think I would survive without it!
Other than that, blood work came back perfect! Heart beat was around 150 bpm and I'm up 4 more pounds since a month ago. Grow baby grow! With Sophia I ended up gaining close to 45 pounds, so we will see what this baby does to me :)
nothing is better than hearing that beautiful heart beat! One of the birth assistants sat in on my appointment. she took my blood pressure, pulse and found the heart beat.
Aria was so interested while Sophia played with the dolly and kept pointing to the babies diaper and saying "poop". notice the huge mess? This is what happens with 2 toddlers in the room :)
a favorite moment. Sophia found a "play" stethoscope and put it on my belly and tried to listen to the baby...so fricken cute!!! love that girl!
Haha! Love your friends comment. I love the idea of a birth house but I also loved my epidural! Hehe...you go girl!
ReplyDelete