Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

17 Weeks

 Time just gets by me and I forget to ask Zach to take a picture of me every week.  So here we are, 2 weeks past due.  I took the picture with my IPhone in front of the downstairs bathroom mirror :)



How I'm Doing:

How far along?   2 weeks into my second trimester. Almost 1/2 way there :)
Total Weight Gain:  I'm 136, so a total of 14 pounds so far.
Maternity Clothes:  My butt and thighs made their appearance last week, so pants are starting to fit REALLY tight.  I wore my maternity jeans but they are still a little big.  My body grew a few sizes with Sophia (proof that I wasn't just belly), and I'm getting there!
Baby Size:  about 5 inches long!  
Movement: still hard to tell
Sleep:  After I put Sophia down, I usually have a few minutes with Zach, then get into my cozy bed for some "me" time.  This is when I usually read or I will get on my Ipad and just relax :)  I usually fall asleep 45 minutes later.
Symptoms:  Still nauseous, SERIOUSLY!!!  Honestly, I don't feel great, but I keep on truckin'!
Reading:  Another love story by Nicolas Sparks....its called Last Chance. I'm just full of love these days :) haha
Best moments of the week: Bought my Double B.O.B stroller at REI.  My second purchase for my sweet baby #2!  That said, I'm selling my single B.O.B revolution stroller if you know of anyone :)
Food Cravings:  I had a very strong craving for my mom's Strogonoff last week, so I made it!  I ate it for 2 days straight!  It's actually a pregnant/nursing mama's best friend, because its full of all the good fats that our bodies need like organic beef, butter and cream :)  Sophia loved it too.
What I am Looking forward to:  I am so excited to find out what this little love bug is!!!!  Ultrasound is set for September 24!!!! (a day after my 32nd birthday--what a wonderful present!)
Goal this week:  time to decorate for FALL :)  I already bought an  apple scent diffuser from Pier One Imports.


Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.


What Sophia its up to:
God, I'm in love with this child!  She makes us smile and makes my heart absolutely melt.  Every time I look at her, I can't believe she is ours and we get to share life with her.  Zach's famous saying is "can she get any cuter!!??!"  She makes me laugh so hard....funny girl.

She will sit on her Dora couch in front of the TV and actually watch her show or a movie for about 15 minutes.  Her vocabulary is quite exceptional, I might say. Too many words to even keep track of.

Her favorite snacks include grapes and "chee-ya" cheese :)  She stands right next to the refrigerator and yells "CHEEEEE-YA"

Some days she naps once, some days twice.  I predict by October she will be napping once a day.  All four of her "first" molars are in!  She is a champ now at eating carrots and apples.

Her favorite thing to do is play in the dirt.  Such a tom boy!  The dirtier the better.  Here are some pics of her playing in the sand pile across the street from our house. (the only benefit of new construction in our neighborhood).  If we go into the front yard, she starts running towards the sand pile yelling "duT" (emphasizing the "T")

Here are some pictures of her fun times in the "duT"







3 comments:

  1. so funny! I love that she's such a little tom boy. :) does duT mean dirty? what a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. duT means "dirt".....hasn't gotten the "r" thing down :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh Kristine! Yes, Sophia can get cuter! Oh how I wish I could get my hands on her! What an exciting day coming up...the 24th.

    Big hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete