Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Night Dinner Gone BAD.....

It's been a crazy week and once again, I think I have over worked myself and did not getting enough rest......so when I got home at 4pm today (Friday), I was cranky-irritated-tired, so I treated myself to a nap.....I was out.  To my suprise, when I woke up at 7pm, my husband was fast asleep cuddled up on the couch.  THIS IS OUR LIFE.  I know, pathetic, right!?  Oh, how I miss the good ol' days of not being able to wait for Friday to arrive and livin' it up!  Well, those days are pretty much gone now, and I'm OK with it. 

I went to cuddle with Zach out in the living room on the couch and offered to make us a yummy dinner that would consist of:  Tuna steak with a wasabi-soy sauce, pesto pasta (brown rice pasta) and steamed veggies.  Apparently that didn't sound very good to Zach and he said he wanted Taco Time, because he didn't want to do the dishes.  That's our un-written rule in the house:  I cook, he cleans :)  At first, I didn't want to go, because I didn't feel like being dehydrated.  Even though Taco Time is the only fast food restaurant I will eat, because they actually use real ingredients, they use wayyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooo much salt and I always feel like I have to drink gallons of water afterwards. 

So after going back-n-forth about what to do, I gave in and we made our way to Taco Time Restaurant....by the way, my first REAL job was at Taco Time :)  I have no idea what got into me, but I ordered a chicken burrito and had some mexi fries....YES, that's right, I actually ate potatoes deep fried in rancid vegetable oil.  I can't even remember the last time I've eaten those.....each one I put into my mouth, I was secretly praying that it would not reach Sophia.  OK, call me anal and weird, but that's how I think now about that kind of food.  I didn't really even enjoy it.  After we finished, my lovely husband decided he wanted "date night" to end at Baskin-n-Robbins......"fine" I said.  I didn't even want anything, and for whatever reason, I ended up getting a kid size bowl of daiquiri ice, my favorite!  I already wasn't feeling great from the dinner I just ate and now I was putting sugar into my body, knowing that I wouldn't feel good.

Let's just skip to 1 hour later.........the noises that were coming from my body were disgusting and embarrassing.  I honestly don't think I have ever had that bad of burps that were coming out of me....Zach was looking at me like I was crazy and kept asking me, "what is wrong with you?"  I kept telling him, "you are the one who made me eat that way."  I was not happy, and my irritable attitude came right back.  I'm not kidding, the longevity/length of the burps that were coming out of me could of won a burping contest...I was actually really surprised and grossed out at the same time.  Then, to make matters worse, about 30 minutes later I got diarrhea.....yep, that's right, the runs. SERIOUSLY!

Overall, my body was hating me and I will NOT do that again.  I know it was the combination of "fast food," too much salt, deep fried potatoes, then topping it off with some nice sugar to let ferment everything in my gut.  Serves me Right!  I tell my clients to never do that because look what happens....I have no idea how some people eat like that daily.

By the way, I have already had at least 8 glasses of water because I'm sooooooooooo dehydrated.  Anyway, off to bed early because of bad food choices made by mommy. Sorry Sophia :(

No comments:

Post a Comment