Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 9, 2011

23 Weeks and FEELING very Pregnant.

Last night I woke up at 3am for whatever reason.  I think my body is starting to prepare itself for what's to come.  For those who know me, I am NOT a morning person, so Lord please give me the strength.....because I will need it.  Anyway, normally I would be upset when I wake up so early, but Sophia awoke with me too!  She kicked and punched for a little over an hour....another weird thing is that I've started to get the "pregnancy leg cramps."  Hmmmmm, I wonder how I can tackle those....

The other not-so-positive thing is that I've been extremely irritable lately....sorry to those who have to deal with me :)

My belly has definitely grown in the last week.  It's funny, because most mornings I can't tell and some mornings, I walk past the mirror and have to take a double look.  I can also tell because my "long" shirts are getting shorter by the day. I wanted to get my 22 week pictures taken, but had to wait for Zach, so finally these pictures were taken at about 1130pm last night right before bed :)



"Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb." 

This is a good thing, because ONE- I am a physco vacumer!  And TWO-I have an obnoxious barking Weiner dog :)  I am a dancer and always dance whether music is on or not, so Sophia is most likely feeling my movements.

4 comments:

  1. You definitely have a preggo bump! I love it - you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bump! I got really leg cramps to in the middle of my pregnancy and started to take a magnesium supplement and streching before bed and they went away. Sometimes the were so bad I would pretend I was in labor and use the cramp/muscle contraction as a relaxtion exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I remember the leg cramps. They are absolutely HORRIBLE! The morning I had G.G., about an hour before I left for the hospital I was laying in my mom's bed and my calf completely cramped. It hurt so bad that it made me scream (bloody murder). My mom ran into the room to find my muscle bulging as big as a baseball (bulging out of my leg)! Goodness...I really really hope you don't get that that bad!! :)

    ReplyDelete