Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 31, 2010

13 weeks and lovin' it!

I am a new woman, just like everyone told me..."wait until you are in your 2rd trimester and you will feel so much better."  It's so true, praise Jesus!!!  No more feeling car sick 24-7, ya!  Overall, I'm feeling pretty good and I feel back to my old self again.  I'm still pretty tired, but seriously, as long as I don't feel sick anymore, I'm doing good!

"Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce."
Quite a few people have told me to watch "The Business of Being Born," a documentary educating people on how most children born in hospitals today are born Monday-Friday, 8-5 and how over 70% of women use a midwife in every modernized country, and less than 8% of women use midwives in the US.....so I asked my mid-wife if I could borrow a copy.  So, on Halloween night, after we got our 2 Trick-or-Treaters, Zach said, "what should we do?"  I suggested watching "The Business of Being Born.".....I mean, what better to do than watch a birthing documentary on Halloween night :)  Zach, being so confident and always to the point answered, "I'm already convinced otherwise, so why the need to watch it...."  I just love him...he is very much for not using an OBGYN, as I am!  We ended up watching it....I recommend it to every one, especially every mother-to-be.  It was so wonderful watching all the amazing and low maintenance home births.  It really gives us a different perspective on how things are done in the country.  I've always known (since I started studying my body and nutrition) that I wanted to use a mid-wife, but this confirms everything....same goes for Zach.  It is such a wonderful celebration of giving birth, I can't wait!  I pray that everything goes well and that there will be no need for a hospital.




No comments:

Post a Comment