Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sophia's Growing Personality

Such a lover and very passionate!  She loves to kiss and hug.  She will hug and hold you for minutes if she is in the mood.  When you hold and hug her, she will pat your back (because we do that to her).  It is the greatest feeling ever!  She loves to cuddle and be next to you almost always.  Her relationship with Daddy is growing into such a beautiful thing.  She loves her Daddy :)  She is mimicking everything and copies every word we say.  She is a talker for sure.

Potty Time:  A few days ago, she was sitting in her high chair and told me she had to poop.  I asked her if she wanted to go on the "big girl potty."  She responded, "yes."  So I walked her to the toilet, pulled off her diaper and put her on it.  She pooped in the toilet!!!  What a big girl!  That said, I'm sure she is ready to be potty trained, but we are going to get through the next few months trying to balance 2 kiddos first :)

Story of the week:  Sophia and I went to JCPenny because I needed some makeup from Sephora. I decided to look at the Easter dresses.  Side note:  I usually give her the freedom to pick out her clothes each day, otherwise at some point, the clothes I pick out will come off and it becomes a battle.  She is also old enough now that it is one less thing I need to do, because I can tell her to "go get dressed."  It also allows her to be independent 

Anyway, I pointed to each Easter dress and asked "do you like this one?"  Her response to all of them, "NO."  Next thing I know, she is pointing to an outfit that is hanging on the wall.  A cute long shirt with matching stretch pants.  I pulled down her size in the outfit and let her hold it.  "Will you wear this," I asked.  Her response was "yes."  She was sitting in a stroller as we continued to shop.  A minute or so later, I noticed she was wearing the shirt, had pulled off the tags and threw the pants on the floor.

I bought the outfit.  She has worn in everyday since...gosh, she cracks me up!  A girl that knows what she wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment