Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

MIdwife Appt #.....who knows?

Went into my midwife appointment this morning, and I just have to say that I LOVE my midwives!!!  They have made this experience so so wonderful--I'm already looking forward to having our next baby with them...OK, easy Kristine.  Let's get this first one born :)  I truly have had such a wonderful experience with them though....even though I have nothing to compare it too, I recommend them to anyone having a baby. 

The appointment went great! 
  • BP good.  
  • Group B stress test--negative.
  • My red blood cell count is OFF THE CHARTS and Constance was blown away and wanted to know what I'm using.....its the LEAF GREENS baby!!!!  I think she is going to start selling them or telling preggo women to call me to use them :)  These are the same greens that made my iron levels sky rocket.
A few other things.....I purchased my "postpartum sitz bath" which is a combination of organically-grown herbs that are made into a tea, then put into the bath tub to help ease pain, promote healing and give good hygiene to the perineal area. This is particularly helpful after an episiotomy or tearing during birth. Though it also helps ease swelling in the perineum or a swollen labia.  I get to sit in this bath daily after I give birth.


I also purchased and am going to start drinking 3rd Trimester tea from a local woman that makes both the sitz baths and pregnancy teas and other items in Oly.  Third trimester tea is 100% Organic and was formulated as a tonic for mamas who are heading into the home stretch! It is a blend of vitamin and mineral packed herbs formulated especially to nurture all those mama parts gearing up for the arrival of my lil' Sophia.

I also am going to start using primrose oil to ripen/soften my cervix.  You do this by inserting 1 capsule nightly into the vagaegae.  :)

Constance also said that Sophia seems to already be a little over 7 POUNDS!!! Wow!  Let's hope I don't go until 42 weeks....other than that, she is still very deep into my pelvic bone and positioned perfectly for labor....PLEASE stay that way my little girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment