Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Zachary's Many "Names".........

My sister inspired this blog post, because the family gets a kick out of all the names my husband comes up with....for some reason, he doesn't really call any of our family by their "real" names, including me.....Honestly, I don't ever think he has called me "Kristine" other than if we are arguing.  These may not seem funny to anyone else, because they are more inside jokes, but I wanted to blog about it, so we can look back one day and not forget the funny memories.

So since I've been preggo, you can imagine the wonderful names that I have now.  It all started with "gut buster," then evolved into "gut butt." At the beginning when you couldn't tell if I was pregnant or had a beer gut, the name has stuck.  It's funny, because he just normally calls me this, not even laughing.....and I respond, no questions asked.  Then someone we aren't very close with will say, "what did he just call you?"  It's funny.  "Oh, he calls me gut butt...don't worry about it."

Everyday he talks to Sophia, and already he has a good one for her.  We were laying in bed a couple of months ago and he said, "my lil' soap box."  Other than calling her Soph, Sophie, Sophia, and My lil Soph, we now have Soap Box.  I'm sure she will receive hundreds of names by the first 10 years of her life.

Then there is my favorite.....at our midwife appt. last week, right after my midwife told me that my stomach muscles have separated, he commented: "just call her SPLITTER!"  We all started cracking up and couldn't stop laughing.  YES, he called me splitter.

Good times. Good times.

3 comments:

  1. ha ha! this post made me laugh out loud. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's so much like dad it's crazy. i love it. at least he doesn't call you hornet....i still don't know where that one came from.
    love you guys and i can't wait to see you and my baby niece i already love her soooo much :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiana, you get it from both your dad and Zach......Zach still calls you Keemusaki :)

    ReplyDelete