Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 20, 2011

33 Weeks and last Birth Class

Last Sunday, me-Zach and Soph decided to skip our birthing class....ooops!  What can I say......I can only take so much of it, because I feel like what we go over in 3 hours could be promptly given in 1 hour.  I'm a scheduled person and my time is valuable to me, can't you tell :) haha

It was such a windy-monsoon type of day, Zach and I took a vote on whether to go or not.  It was unanimous :)

Instead, we stayed home in our sweats, watched movies, took a nap and spent the day together...it was oh so wonderful!  We decided that we should of taken the one-day birth class instead, because we have already done SO MUCH research on just about everything we covered in the class.  "Shoulda Coulda Woulda, right!?!"  It almost felt like a waste of time to us.  Don't get me wrong, being around other preggo's was fun and we did learn some great info......but honestly, we could of done without.  I told my midwife this because she asked us how the class was going.  She told us that not a lot of preggo's have the support like Zach and I do from our families/friends and most people are not phycho researchers like us, so a class like this is necessary and fun for many. Makes sense.  I feel very blessed to have the support we have!  Overall--great class for most.  Not for us.

However, we did attend our last class today. I have to say that I'm glad we went, because we went over many birth positions to ease pain and help me through contractions.  We also learned all about breastfeeding and postpartum.  That said, Zach made me (and most of the class) hysterically laugh for over an hour.  Sometimes my husband is out of control......and today was one of those days.  I think he woke up with the wrong attitude or on the wrong side of the bed and was even more sarcastic and delirious than normal.  Even before we made it to class, the jokes and comments began.  I'm not even going to tell the whole story about the 3 hours in birthing class about how he was making me laugh......let's just say I cried all of my mascara off and my stomach hurt afterward......(Yes, I cry when I laugh too hard).  Our birthing coach will be scheduling a reunion with all the couples and our new additions after they are all born :)

Can my bump get any bigger?
They say it will....
OMG!

This is how I feel about being 33 weeks

Overall, feeling pretty good.  I think I had my first "waddle" moment this week.  I was so embarrassed, I looked around to see if anyone saw.....luckily it was only my weiner dog GiGi staring at me.  I got a lot of walks in this week too, so I feel somewhat refreshed and exercised.  However, I think I hurt my right foot again and am NOT going to be a happy mama if I can't walk for another 2 weeks like last month.  
A few other things:
  • My "to do" lists are out of control 
  • I'm thinking of getting a "belly bowl" made out of the shape of my belly to display in our home (no its not some weird body cast, just check out the website....they are beautiful)
  • In desperate need of some sunshine
  • Looking forward to my showers this weekend!
  • Zach and I had a precious moment today thinking about our baby coming :)
  • My bro-in-law Gary now calls me "gut buster" or "preggo"
  • Bought my first pink reusable diaper today!

 She's getting plump :)


"This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."
I was born with a cone head :) The birth process is truly amazing to me.

Craving of the week:  This idea came from my mother in law.  I had it for breakfast and dinner once this week, it's that good!  1 slice Ezekiel bread topped with pesto, tomato, avocado and micro greens (found at TJ's).  Topped with one egg fried in coconut oil and 1 slice pepper-jack yogurt cheese.  Then I sprinkle it with sea salt, kelp seasoning and pepper. YUMMO!


No comments:

Post a Comment