Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal

Yes I did.



I made a big pot of oatmeal this morning for Sophia and I only to discover I was out of milk.  We don't drink milk in this household, but I usually have 1/2 n 1/2 on hand for my coffee.  Now that I'm preggo, I'm not drinking coffee, so no 1/2 n 1/2.  Oatmeal served with brown sugar, butter and milk is how I have always eaten it as a kid, and I hate to deviate from it.  It's a comfort thing.

So now I was stuck with plain oatmeal.  What to do?  For Sophia, I mixed her with a little stevia and coconut butter.  She liked it.

For me, I needed to add more protein.  I just so happened to be on pinterest and discovered this recipe.  I love all of her healthy chocolate recipes.  Browse through her website, its amazing!

All I did was add to my plain cooked oatmeal:
-2 TBS peanut butter
-1 tsp cocoa powder
-1 stevia packet
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/2 sliced banana

Who says you can't have dessert for breakfast! :)

I would have liked some 1/2 n 1/2 or milk in it, but I was out.

No comments:

Post a Comment