Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 27, 2010

Growing Booby Problems

At first I was hesitant to blog about my ever-so-growing girls, but since this is my way of journaling my pregnancy, here goes.

Pretty much my bras stopped fitting me about 2 months ago, and I would struggle each morning trying to force them into the cup, only to find that every movement I made would make them fall out and I was "adjusting" them every second of the day.  Then I had enough.  I went to Fred Meyer one late night and found the most hideous looking old-lady, wireless nude colored bra.  This was going to have to do until I could get fitted for a proper "sexy and cute" bra.  I mean, I was only 12 weeks pregnant.  By the way, this hideous bra is so darn comfy, I would probably never go back to a pretty Victoria Secret wire bra if it weren't for my husband staring at me as if I aged 50 years right in front of his eyes :)  Don't worry My Love, I'll always wear sexy bras for you :)....even when I'm 80.

Anyway........Zach and I went Christmas shopping up north and I decided it was time to get properly fitted at Nordstrom's and get a perfectly fitting nursing bra.  Even though I'm only 20 weeks, I figured if I'm going to spend the money for a nice bra, I mine-as-well just get a nursing bra, because I figure I will be wearing it for a good 2 years or so.  Plus, a few of my friends who are moms told me to do so.

As we passed the piano player and made our way to the second floor where the bras and panties are, a nice lady approached me and asked how she could help me.  I told her I was pregnant and needed to get fitted for a nursing bra.  As she hesitated, she looked down at my "belly" and asked, "how far along are you?"  I told her the whole spiel....I'm 20 weeks, none of my bras fit and I want to just get a nursing bra.

She was very sweet and knowledgeable.  She took me to the back to measure me (she was probably wondering what the heck kind of old lady bra is that you are wearing).  She asked me what size I normally am and I told her.  My boobs have already grown 3 sizes and I'm only half way there.....agghh!!!!  She laughed at me and told me that I should definitely not invest in a bra, because when its all said and done, at the rate I'm going-my nursing bras will most likely be a 34H.  Ummmmm.......really!??!!  That's gross!  I'm thinking 34 dd, ddd, e, f, g, H!!!!!  So much for not getting stretch marks...I'll probably get them around my breasts. :(  I guess I just assumed my boobs would grow a couple of sizes, no big deal.  Can't wait to see what they look like after I'm done nursing.

She told me to just go buy a cheap bra that I can wear for a month until I need another size and continue doing that until about 2 weeks before I give birth when my milk starts coming in.  The problem is......no bras fit me because my rib cage is so small compared to the cup size.  AGGHH!!!  Frustrating....so I guess I'll just stick to the attractive nude sports bra looking thing that I bought for $10 at Fred Meyer.  It's working just fine.

4 comments:

  1. Jess told me to wait to get fitted for nursing bras for the same reason - they magically grow a little more once your milk comes in. I've gone up two cup sizes but I didn't start with much - good luck! Ask for lots of back rubs - I'm sure you'll need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog entry lol. You are speaking my language! I went through the exact same thing. My boobs ended up growing two sizes while pregnant, and then up to a DDD when engorged. Definitely invest in a nursing bra towards the end of your pregnancy because they'll fluctuate afterwords.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah hate to tell you but just WAIT until you're milk comes in! My boobs were HUGE when I was preggers but when my milk came in they grew a ridiculous amount. I seriously couldn't believe my eyes! Wait!! Get a comfy bra that fits you now even if you have to spend a lot to get a nice one that fits good. You'll be pregnant again and need it again. I had to go up several sizes during different stages of pregnancy and am glad I had those for round two =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice ladies, thanks! Jess, its true...I'll use it again :)

    ReplyDelete