Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Banana's!

Well, the time has come to feed.....Solids that is.  I have known for a long time that I wanted egg yolks mixed with breast milk to be her first food (I'll talk more details about the wonderful benefits of egg yolks as a first food soon), but got ultra excited last week to feed her some sort of solid food.  I didn't have any eggs in the house, saw an organic banana in the fruit bowl and made the decision.

Zach wanted to be part of the "first" feed.  He ended up staying home from work last week, so I reached for what we had in stock.......the banana.  I just woke up one morning, called Zach from upstairs to come down and said, "ready to record her eating her first food?"  I just felt it was time.

I've been waiting to start solids for a few reasons:  I wanted to wait until her digestive system developed more, but mainly, because solely breastfeeding is so darn easy :)  No hassle, no planning, no stinky poop. 

So now our baby girl is one step closer to growing up.  She actually really liked the bananas and wanted more.  We fed her in the A.M. and the next morning came a STINKY poop!  She probably only ate 2 tsp of the mashed banana and it affected her poop that much :) 

2 comments:

  1. Bananas are fun! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya! Sophia! Food is a hassle, but it is fun! Lets get together soon. XO

    ReplyDelete