Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sophia is 18 months old!

ONE and a HALF!  Yes, I have a 1 1/2 year old, its crazy!

Sophia's obsessions:  "PUPS" (dogs), Lady and the Tramp movie, baby dolls--just about any doll.  she has her favorites, but honestly she is obsessed.  she also loves to "wrap" aka swaddle all of her baby dolls and clean their diapers.  she will bring her doll to me, no joke about 40 times a day, and say "poop."  this means her baby went poop and we need to clean her and change her diaper. :)

Sophia's Favorites
Food:  "milp"  she loves her coconut milk.  every morning she gets a smoothie that is 1/2 coconut milk (from a can), 1/2 water, 1 tsp barleylife, 1 tsp carrot powder for vitamin A, cod liver oil (no, i'm not joking), vitamin D, and a probiotic.  She LOVES it, seriously.

She loves to eat grapes, rice with butter and sea salt, bananas, avocados, lara bars, rice noodles with butter, sweet potato fries, spanikopita, hummus, scrambled eggs and "toooe" TOAST.  Every morning as soon as she gets up she demands toast......and before I can make it over to the other side of the counter to put butter on her toast, she runs over there and points up to the counter and yells "buttteeeerrr."  A girl that knows what she wants :)  I want to say to her, "obviously I'm not going to just give you dry bread child."  It makes us laugh every morning.  She eats pretty much everything we eat, these are her just her favorites.  And her favorite WAY to eat is dipping.  Give her a dip like hummus and shes in heaven.  She uses a fork and spoon....most of the time.

With her adorable curls and her outgoing personality (she waves at everyone and says hi), its inevitable that at least one person stops us no matter where we go to comment on how beautiful she is. :)  In fact, last time we were in Fred Meyer and I was putting her into the cart while hurrying to the produce isle to quickly grab a few things for dinner.  This lady literally started running towards us from who knows where and asked me if she could stare at Sophia for a few moments.  Yes, it sounds creepy, but it happens ALL THE TIME.....then the questions they have to know about her.  I remember Zach asking me a while back when we were at some store, "do you always get stopped this often?"

Knock on wood.....she hasn't been throwing a lot of tantrums lately.  In fact, she has been behaving pretty well.  We are working on sharing toys with her friends.  She can be quite dominating and passionate about what she wants.  That said, if her baby doll isn't swaddled to her liking, she will start crying.  She likes things done a certain way.....very particular she is.  It can be challenging to always know what she wants because she can't talk yet, so I ask her to "show me what you want."  And we can usually figure it out :)

I always make a big deal when daddy walks thru the door in the evening after work.  "daddy's home!!!"  She runs to him and he sweeps her off the ground and they share a big hug while she yells "dada."  She then takes his hand and leads him to her play room to play in her kitchen.  this is a good time for me to get last minute dinner stuff done.  melts my heart.  her favorite thing to do with daddy is play basketball.  Zach bounces the ball and shows off his moves around the house on the wood floors while Sophia chases him and laughs her heart out.

I don't know if all 18 month olds can use an IPHONE, but mine can.  It shocks me.  I think it actually shocked my mom more than anyone.  She uses the thing better than some adults :)  And its not like I taught her.....she learned from watching me.  She knows how to get into it, watch movies, look through my pictures, play the videos, take pictures.  My kids are going to grow up so differently from how I grew up with all the technology.  I can't imagine what will be invented by the time they are ten.


Her favorite hat that Nana bought her.  She will pull it over her eyes and run around the house like a mad woman while laughing :) It's so funny!  

CHEESE!  
She has all of her teeth now, except for her 2 year molars.  She went to the dentist too.  I'm glad we went after going back n forth on the decision.  Sophia screamed.  As soon as the dentist left her mouth alone, she was back to normal.  I learned some very useful tips on cleaning and I was ecstatic to hear how much they push no sugar or starchy carbs with kids. My kind of dentist!  We decided that there isn't a need right now for fluoride because of Sophia's diet.  If and when she starts consuming bad foods, then we will reevaluate :) 

More tid bits....
-taking one nap a day, usually around 12noon
-sleeping between 10-12 hours each night
-wearing 18 month and 24 month old clothes
-she loves to be around people 
-she loves to "talk" and carry on a conversation
-her new thing is to say "no no" and wave her finger
-books! books! books!  she would have someone read to her all day if she had the choice
-when we have company over, she runs all over the place and does summer salts and "twirls" like a ballerina :)
-she already has an obsession with clothes.  she is very particular with what she wears.  of course, NOTHING ever matches and she will throw a fit if she doesn't get to wear what she wants.  so, I have been giving her "choices".....she also loves to layer clothes.  for example, she will wear a onsie, followed by a t shirt, then put a pajama top over it.  I pick my battles and just let her be :)  so if you see us out in public, don't question my fashion sense please....she has made her own style :)
-all day long its a battle with the clothes.....she wants to change outfits often and take all of her clothes off......then she wants to wear them......then take them off.  so funny, my Sophia!
-she points to something that is hurting and says "oueee".  so smart!
-DARE DEVIL!!!  that's all i have to say.

There is so much more to say, but we would be here all day. :)  I love you my precious girl!  You make everyday so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love this update! So funny! I get stopped all the time with Isaiah too! Isn't it crazy? I've gotten to know so many people just because of his hair. ;) Also, I took Isaiah to the dentist early too (around 15 months) and I thought it was great. Then all of a sudden he started hating when I brush his teeth. WHAT?! So one of my mom blogs suggested getting a vibrating tooth brush and it has mad ALL the difference! I'm telling you just in case Sophia decides to be strong willed about getting her teeth brushed. :)

    ReplyDelete